Hello everybody!
First, a short introduction of myself:
22 years old
1,78m (~5'10)
approx. 90kg (~198lb)
I'm currently a student at the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna
I've been an avid reader of this forum for many months now, and I'd just like to thank all you guys (especially Coach Sommer, of course) for providing such great, detailed and valuable information about physical training. I was a typical example of a modern day "coach potato", but since I discovered BtGB I'm totally motivated to discover what my Body is capable of ![]()
I've got the book and the rings half a year ago, but I've only got to mount them at the beginning of January. Since then I've mainly toyed around with them, trying out many exercises and drills. I'm planning to implement a SSC within the next month, based on the killroy70 template.
But i've bumped into a hurdle this week: I think i pulled my Serratus anterior in some exercise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serratus_anterior_muscle). During my training session on Monday it was only a slight discomfort, which quickly subsided. Yesterday the discomfort was much more prominent, and i decided to stop my workout halfway through.
This morning the pain was still there - when i'm lying down, i feel it especially when my arms are over my head, or when I'm straightening up.
Here is what i did the last 2 weeks (i didn't strictly follow this structure, for example I've also played around with some back lever work, but i think my left elbow isn't ready for it yet - I'm planning to do some more Basic strength work before I'll try it again):
5m rope jumping for warm up
4 sets of
15s Stomach to wall Handstand alternating with one Tempo Pull up 5-3-5
some tucked front lever work
3x10s Support holds alternating with 3x4 Windshield wipers (supine)
I don't know which exercise is responsible for the pulled muscle, because the moment it became annoying i felt it on nearly all of them. I've decided to take the rest of the week and perhaps the next week of and see how it works out.
Are there any rehab movements which i can use to accelerate the healing? (I'm very aware that time is the most important component for a complete healing)
Thanks in advance!