Hey all,
Is there any specific rehabilation exercises that my fellow GB friends recommend?
Got into an injury during my BJJ training- hyper extended elbow from a poorly controlled partner.
Anything specific besides rest, ice, and compress?
Thank you
Started by Mark Anthony Le, May 18, 2017 · 5 Replies · 2,608 Views
Hey all,
Is there any specific rehabilation exercises that my fellow GB friends recommend?
Got into an injury during my BJJ training- hyper extended elbow from a poorly controlled partner.
Anything specific besides rest, ice, and compress?
Thank you
Hi Mark,
Sorry to hear it! A visit with a medical professional is the only thing I am comfortable recommending. In the past, when I have injured myself rock climbing, my physio has always helped me safely and quickly recover. Best of luck with recovery!
30 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:Hi Mark,
Sorry to hear it! A visit with a medical professional is the only thing I am comfortable recommending. In the past, when I have injured myself rock climbing, my physio has always helped me safely and quickly recover. Best of luck with recovery!
Thank you Everett!
I'm a corrective exercise specialist so have been self diagnosing and rehabbing myself. Wasn't sure if there was any common things that my GB friends do to heal extended elbows
I still do my GB workouts but generally stop if I start to feel it irritates my elbow
Hello Mark,
I am a BJJ purple belt myself and have dealt with the injury multiple times. I can tell you the simple exercise I did in PM, but none of it pertains to this course or GB.
22 minutes ago, Luke Searra said:Hello Mark,
I am a BJJ purple belt myself and have dealt with the injury multiple times. I can tell you the simple exercise I did in PM, but none of it pertains to this course or GB.
Sure! I would love to hear it.
Glad to see other martial artists in GB as well!
My suggestion is still theoretical, the first strategy to act on the range of motion it is the complete range of motion exercise. So I can suggest you work on the curl variations for all the forearms flexor in a restricted range of motion. from full flexion up to 160° avoiding full extension.