Shoulder pain

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, May 16, 2017 · 3 Replies · 1,811 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi, 

I started to feel some pain in my right shoulder some days ago and will take a little break from using them.

Do you guys suggest something to help recovery during my rest?

Thanks!

Everett Carroll

Hey Etienne,

Sorry to hear it! In addition to avoiding further irritation or pain in your shoulder, I suggest visiting with a physio just to be safe. It's always best to have a diagnosis in these situations. Do you know what exactly caused the pain? Was it a particular movement or session?

Étienne Lajeunesse
2 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Etienne,

Sorry to hear it! In addition to avoiding further irritation or pain in your shoulder, I suggest visiting with a physio just to be safe. It's always best to have a diagnosis in these situations. Do you know what exactly caused the pain? Was it a particular movement or session?

Thanks Everett,

I don't know what caused the pain but it's a lot on the side of my shoulder in a external rotation (bent arm at 90 degrees, hand outside of the elbow). I tried to stretch in cat today and the pain decreased on the side while relaxing, but when I elevated my shoulders during the flexion, I felt it a lot more behind it. 

I don't know if it could be related, but when I stretch in flexion, I feel the back of my shoulder (either in cat, reversed cat, wall hs flexion...) like a blocking and especially on my right side...

What do you think?

Alessandro Mainente

Stop with overhead movement for 4-6 days at least.