My Tuck Planche

Started by Getinthecar, February 23, 2010 · 12 Replies · 4,028 Views

Getinthecar

Well here it is. I'm looking forward for some comments.

15CkfulKG1s

Amebix138

Your hips are too low, they need to be horizontal/parallel with your shoulders.

Gregor

+ your elbows are not completly lock! Squeeze your triceps in lock position (that is how you will learn to have cpomplete lock position).

Jacob Marks

I would go back and work on doing a higher non-advanced tucked planche, you are doing a low advanced for 3-5 seconds which is ok if you can do a perfect 15 second regular tucked planche.....?

Getinthecar

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Is this better? I tried locking my elbows. Frustration is getting to me. I have been training this tuck planche for 10 weeks and still this shitty result. Which non- advanced tuck planches do you mean coach?

RQeEQC76Np0

Nick Van Bockxmeer

looks like you are holding your breath. you need to be able to maintain muscle tension and regular breathing.

jl5555
nickvb said:
looks like you are holding your breath. you need to be able to maintain muscle tension and regular breathing.

One of the hardest things to do for sure! I have to constantly remind myself to breathe.

Guest
Getinthecar said:
Thanks to all for the feedback.

Is this better? I tried locking my elbows. Frustration is getting to me. I have been training this tuck planche for 10 weeks and still this shitty result. Which non- advanced tuck planches do you mean coach?

RQeEQC76Np0

Be patient dude. Planche progress isn't measured in weeks :)

'non-advanced' tuck planche = tuck planche with arched back, advanced tuck planche = tuck planche with flat back (which is harder).

IvanPS

My tuck planche also used to look like that and I could only hold it for a few seconds. Just be patient and make sure you rest enough. I've always noticed when I took a break for a week after 8 weeks of training my form and time was better.

Also I guess you're doing other exercices, the tuck FL and BL will sure help and handstands and elbow levers also have some carryover and are fun to learn.

Joshua Naterman

Planche takes a long time. It's like getting promoted in a company, you have to do consistent work to get it. Learn persistence and patience with this, and you can take those skills and use them to better the rest of your life as well.

Getinthecar

Thanks guys for showing me some better perspective

heinrich
One of the hardest things to do for sure! I have to constantly remind myself to breathe

This is what I do:

Instead of counting the seconds (1,2,3, etc) or looking at a stopwatch while holding my FSP

:arrow: I'm counting my breaths! In my case 8 breaths under muscular tension is about 15 seconds, 3 breaths = 4-5 seconds and so on.

I know, this isn't the best invention ever. Just thought it might be useful to some of you.

If you do it this way you'll

1) never need a stopwatch (only the first time when you measure the time it takes you to breathe),

2) never forget to breathe,

3) learn to focus on breathing because you'll have to count them and watch that each breath is of the same length.

post-10903-13531537025536_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

Mark Weaver

One thing that helps me with the tuck planche (rounded back) is getting my hips to the right height by looking at my position in a mirror or on a webcam, and then just lifting my feet up. It looks like you do that more on your second video.

Maybe round the back more and tuck the legs tighter for your tuck planche. Build that up more, and then go to the advanced tuck planche.