This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Checkpoint

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, May 15, 2017 · 8 Replies · 160 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hello there,

Just wanted to check with the rest on my progress so far. Not that I am too concerned, but dont know if been too long in some progressions.

I have been 7 months with no pause in FLPE1, HS1 PE2 and Spl PE1.

I am advanced within those.

Did anyone went through similar timings?

thanks,

Felipe

Iain McLean

Don't fret Felipe,  you aren't alone.  I too have had very slow progress with some of the 1st steps and I have owned the foundation program for almost 2 years.  

I have been deliberately holding back on some of the elements as a precautionary measure, waiting for some past injuries to heal.  However there are some elements, such as the FL PE1 and HS PE1 IM, where my progress seems to be slower than an obese snail.  When I become frustrated about my lack of progress, I notice that I am becoming too fixated on the end result, and loosing touch with the joy of getting there.  If you compare each time you train with the previous session, you can generally notice progress, even if it is minute.  I like to celebrate even the smallest amounts of progress.

From reading from individuals who are further in the program, many seem to preach the idea of not rushing through the initial elements too fast.  It is fruitful to fully master the initial elements in order to pave the road for future progressions.  

Keep at it, your consistency and hard work will pay off.

Iain

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Great words Iain! I definitely notice progress

good to know that, will keep cranking :P

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi Felipe,

same here, 6 months and still MN, SPL and FL in PE1. In PE2 for HBP and RC. PE5 for SLS. Hamstrings, hip flexors and hip mobility is what is making my progress slow. The 3 stretches courses become a priority for me. First in the week I do the stretches. My mobility is so so so bad that I can t progress.

I recommed you stretching your hip flexors before FL work. I d strecht hamstrings and hip flexors everyday, 1 or 2 exercises maximum.

Antonio Alías Montoya

I have a metaphore for what we are experiencing. When you don t clean a house for years and you decide to clean it, at the beggining you can t even see the floor, it is full of dust. And you need to spend so much time just sweeping the floor at first you might get desperate and bored, because you are just sweeping and sweeping and the dust seems to be there forever. But one day (I wait for this day!), you, me and more people like us will finally sweep the last layer of dust and the we ll be able to start cleaning the furniture, moping, etc. But trust me when I tell you that we will succeed! Hahahaha. Ok, that looked a movie quote. One day we ll tell our history to our grandchildren and we ll show them our yet big muscles!

Everett Carroll

I love it, @Antonio Alías Montoya!

You guys have the right mindset. Just keep consistent, reserve mobility and stretching as the priority, and enjoy the process. Like @Iain McLean said, progress is measured beyond direct step advancement. Form, tempo, increased range of motion, etc., are all progress. 

@Felipe Garcia Rosa, you're nearly ready to master a couple of the progressions you mentioned, so stay strong. I know that a motivating boost in progress is just around the corner for you!

Leo Trinidad

Hi Guys,

Developing this mindset as early as PE1 will help you in the more advanced progressions. Keep working on the basics but if you guys want to "try" some of the advance progressions after your training then feel free to do so as long as you know your limits. The more solid your foundations (strength and mobility), the least likely you'll hit your plateau once you get to the more advanced stuff. Consistency > Intensity. (you can't be consistent if you get an injury) :) Good luck with training.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Thanks guys. This forum is actually very encouraging and helpful to develop this mindset. I like that we take care of each other.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Lol thats very ecouraging Antonio. Glad to know I am not the only one! Will follow hip flexor advise, never thought that could be an issue.

thanks Everett! :)