This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H2 Slide Press (PE3) Form Check

Started by Nathan Harrington, May 15, 2017 · 8 Replies · 117 Views

Nathan Harrington

I was playing with trying do a little L sit in this progression, otherwise I found I was keeping to much weight on my feet. I'm not sure if that is appropriate for this progression or if there are any other corrections on this one.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for submitting. Can you please post a side angle?

From this angle, I am seeing that your elbows are bending slightly. You'll want to kick this habit as soon as possible, so really focus on keeping straight arms.

It looks like you need more protraction in the back of the slide, but I'll know for sure after seeing from the side angle.

Nathan Harrington

Everett,

Thanks for your earlier comments. I took this footage from my last HS2 workout and really tried to lock out. I do have a hard time reaching complete 180 degree lockout with my elbows, and have been trying to mobilize that a bit more, the Fountations protocol has been helping a bit I think on the static holds but I do have some room to improve. Any other suggestions you have would be welcomed.

Thanks,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0OgAKX74lg

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Nathan Harrington,

Please set your video to unlisted because it is set on private.

Nathan Harrington

Thanks Leo. Sorry about that unnecessary extra step, I just edited it to unlisted.

Alessandro Mainente

NIce idea here but you have some problems:

-due to the nature of the equipment, you tend to bend the knees in order to avoid a natural fall

-as you progress on the pike the you will engage too much the calves due to the flat surface, the goal here it is the compression and hamstring mobility.

Nathan Harrington

It's not ideal, but I don't have stall bars. What about the slide press?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Nathan,

On your slide press work on keeping your shoulders directly on top of your hands. Keeping the shoulders over the hands as you slide will help you to build the strength necessary to eventually do a press. Once you are comfortable doing this exercise with your hands at their current elevation, work towards a lower surface. Your goal should be to be able to do this exercise with the hands at knee-height.

Nathan Harrington

Thanks Alessandro and Jeffrey. I appreciate those pointers and will implement those for my next workout.