This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sciatic nerve pain in lower back on right side

Started by Nikhil Das Nomula, May 15, 2017 · 4 Replies · 92 Views

Nikhil Das Nomula

Hello everyone, 

After a lot of googling and visiting doctors I find out that I have sciatic nerve issue that gives me pain in the lower back to the right side. 

 

Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue and if any of our exercies specifically target that? 

 

Thanks 

Everett Carroll

Hi Nikhil,

Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, we do not give recommendations on these sorts of issues. It will be safest and most effective for a sports physio or chiropractor to help you with this in person. 

Antonio Alías Montoya

I ve had many times. The first time for 6 months. My sciatic irritation was caused by a slipped disc in L5-S1. I d just tell you don t do absoluteley anything that causes you more irritation or pain. You should get a diagnose on why you are suffering this: slipped disc, piriformis syndrome or whatever. It can be caused by many factors. In general there is not too much you can do in the moment to get better. A physio or osteopath will definetely help you. I would say exercises and stretches will be a good thing for you when you feel good again, specially front split and all core streght and mobility. I m super carefull with that, if I feel something wrong with an exercise I stop it inmediately, even if I just feel discomfort. I recommed you to do just what feels good or what your physio recommed you.

Nikhil Das Nomula

Thank you Coach Carroll and Antonio.

As you mentioned Antonio I will get a diagnose and will go to the physio. Thank you for that info and valuable advice again. I will stop an exercise if I feel something wrong, 

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey there,

could be many factors, in my case slipped disc in L4-L5. I thought it was related to muscle and didnt stop exercising, which made it worse. This was well before I started GST.

the issue is that after the sciatic pain I spent 6 months in rehab, i couldnt even touch my shins with straight legs because muscle contracts as defensive action I understand.. so I would advise, if pain increasing, stop everything until you scan your back, even FS stretch.

 

felipe