This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1

Started by Jessica Webber, May 14, 2017 · 9 Replies · 121 Views

Jessica Webber

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

RC PE1 20170514

Pauline Taube

Hi Jessica,

Nice work on these. 

On the PE, make sure that your whole body is a straight line. You currently have a slight arch in your lower back. Keep your glutes engaged to create a posterior pelvic and also pull your ribs in to form a nice long hollow. I can't see your legs from the angle but make sure to keep your knees completely locked :) 

The iM is looking good. 

Alessandro Mainente

I would add that you need to change completely the grip from prone, to neutral to supinated grip.

Jessica Webber

Thanks for the feedback.  Is "ribs in" basically the same form I would have at the top of a scapular shrug?  And if so, should I be holding this form through the whole movement?  Or is that where I should be at the bottom and with a more neutral shoulder position at the top?  Here are a couple different angles from today.  Not sure which angle is better for a form check.

RC PE1 20170523 A

RC PE1 20170523 B

I dropped all my upper body exercises down a step as well while I try to get this right.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Jessica,

Also a good improvement on this one. Like Pauline said, you can see in your video that your ribs stick out more than your chest and stomach causing a small arch in your back. Squeeze your stomach to help keep the ribs pulled down. Your goal should be to make a straight line, no curves, with the stomach, ribs and chest throughout the entire set.

Jennifer Morgan
On 5/15/2017 at 2:00 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

I would add that you need to change completely the grip from prone, to neutral to supinated grip.

I'm confused.  In the instruction tips video, the coach says palms are to face each other at the top (neutral).  I re-watched the follow-along video on a bigger screen and the athletes do get supinated at the top.  So, are the coaches on here in agreement that the grip should be supinated at the top and that the instructional video is inaccurate?  Just want to make sure I do them correctly, because until this post, I had not been aware that I have been doing them incorrectly.  Thank you!

Everett Carroll

Hi Jennifer, 

Sorry for the wait. You can have your palms either way. Facing each other or turned towards your chest are both accepted. You will likely find that palms turned 180-degrees like Alex suggested will be a stronger position for you. 

Jennifer Morgan

Thanks, Everett!  I actually like the 180-degree turn much better. :)

Alessandro Mainente
50 minutes ago, Jennifer Morgan said:

Thanks, Everett!  I actually like the 180-degree turn much better. :)

Consider the range of motion and tempo more important, you can try both of them and work with the grip where you are weaker, this will fix in a long time the elbow stabilization completely.

Jennifer Morgan

Thank you, @Alessandro Mainente!