This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Football and GST

Started by Lauri Mikkonen, May 13, 2017 · 1 Replies · 77 Views

Lauri Mikkonen

Hi guys, i'd like to ask how I could combine football with GST? I play football 2-3 times a week and that is pretty much all the cardio I do. In addition, I try to do stretch series, F1 and H1 once a week, but I am wondering how to schedule all the training. My goal is to improve my ability in GST, but I'm not ready to leave football yet...

Winter Phoenix

Hi Lauri,

It sounds as though you are already doing a great job integrating your GST training with your football training. Coach's recommendation is to train each element once per week exactly as you are doing. If you are recovering well between workouts and making steady progress then all looks good from this end. We actually love to see athletes integrate GST with their sports training.