Hello all, long time lurker. Not usually one to get involved with on-line communities but this one is much better then any other I've found.
5 year Navy vet, spent 3 years competing as a light weight strongman before watching stone platforms start to exceed my height. Then I weighed in at 200-205 at 5'6". Now I am about 141-142 at 8 - 10% BF. Went to UCONN for strength and conditioning then took some masters classes in Advanced resistance training physiology. Now working in a private training facility here in CT. Also currently certified as an RKC. Previously ISSA and NSCA, both of which I dropped and will not renew for personal reasons. If you want to know more ask away ![]()
Now for some workout log data.
2-23-10
Day A
Tuck Planche -> Straddle L ( feet still low) 10 sets of approx. 4-6sec holds.
When exiting I actually lower to a bent arm planche if you will and then to an L sit. The straddle L on the paralettes is current harder for me then doing them one hand center on the floor. Working on more lean to straighten my back further.
Ring PPP: 5 sets of 3
Working on really getting the hand closer to the hips in the top position. Previously did these with fingers facing back on the floor and was able to float my feet some in the bottom.
Tuck lever row -> Back tuck lever hold -> Flat tuck Front lever hold. Holds are 4-6seconds. 5,5,5,3,3
Working on flatteining my back on the back lever. This is more of an elbow issue then anything. Progressing slowly.
Same as above but doing an inverted curl in place of the rows 5 sets of 3
HeRLL Head is elevated on a cpl books while my hands are on the floor 5 sets of 3
I can do Wall HS RLL with my hands about 16inches out but with training on carpet they slide badly. Trying this method to increase the ROM until my flexibility is able to handle them with my hands 8-10 inches from the wall.
Finished with some bridging and stretching.