This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretch series question

Started by Jesse Kim, May 12, 2017 · 3 Replies · 158 Views

Jesse Kim

Just bought the stretch series package and, because I didn't see a "stretch series getting started" forum on the stretch series section, I was wondering if someone can help me clarify some things about the stretch series? So, unlike F1/H1, etc, all you have to do is click the workout video and follow along the sequences of exercises, performed by the students in the video, with the best of your ability once a week, and that's it? 

Sorry if this was asked already, but I am wondering if that's all I have to do to get started with the stretch series. 

Pauline Taube

Hi Jesse, 

That's correct. However, before you start to do the full follow along I highly recommend to have a look at the video in your Course Library. If you have a look into your Stretch series here you will find an overview of each individual exercise along with technical tip videos. These will explain how to perform the Stretch and also show scaled alternatives if you need to modify the Stretch. Once you've studied these videos you will be better prepared to follow along with the class. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions. And keep us updated on your flexibility progress :) 

Alexander Lashko

I also recently purchased the stretch series and just to follow up with the previous question. The follow-along video should be used as the guide until reached the goal of the full front split/side split/thoracic bridge? Are there no progressions in this series, just try to improve flexibility with each time of the video class? Thanks in advance :)

P.S. After one week of the streches I'm already feeling progress.

Pauline Taube

Hi Alexander,

Happy to hear that you are seeing improvements after only one week. 

There is always room for improvement. Even once you've reached the splits/ bridge you will still benefit greatly from the exercises in these courses. The progressions are built whitin the series by using scaled alternatives. Once your flexibility improves you will be able to perfect the movements. Also the series does not only focus on flexibility alone but also on strength :) 

Please post some photos/videos of your progress, we'd love to follow your training :)