This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1 ring height and pace

Started by Edward Henigin, May 12, 2017 · 4 Replies · 187 Views

Edward Henigin

2 questions on rope climb RC PE1:

  1. What's the proper ring height? The rings in the follow-along video seem lower than in the form check video. Should they be slightly above elbow-height, or should they be at armpit level?
  2. Is the follow-along video pace correct? It feels very fast to me. Like, I'm yanking my body up to the rings and floating there (no tension at the top) before falling back down. If I pull with less sharp of a force, I fall behind the follow-along video pace. Prior to the follow-along video, I would have paused at the top with retracted scapula, and paused at the bottom with protracted scapula. With the follow-along video pace, there is no time for that whatsoever.

 

Thank you :-)

Malcolm Watters

I found that if I didn't have enough tension to keep pace, I needed to lower the rings. Then when I got to PE2 I felt like I should have lowered them even more.  

Everett Carroll

Hi Edward,

1. Aim for a 45-degree incline. The height of the rings and foot placement depends on your exact proportions. 

2. Your end goal is to be able to execute proper form while keeping tempo with the follow along videos. When you're first learning the movements, however, it is okay to slow your tempo to focus on execution. 

Also, please feel free to post form checks anytime. We're always happy to help.

Greg White

I'm 5'9" ish and found that bottom of the rings level with my nipple was best. Will depend on arm length as well, but this helped keep my shoulders depressed, able to row to about 45 degree angle and enough tension throughout.

Jonas Berglund
On 2017-05-17 at 1:53 PM, Greg White said:

I'm 5'9" ish and found that bottom of the rings level with my nipple was best. Will depend on arm length as well, but this helped keep my shoulders depressed, able to row to about 45 degree angle and enough tension throughout.

I do the same height of the rings Greg. I think the following exercise is ground rows. So i guess lowering the rings abit Will make PE1 harder but pe2 easier when mastered.. :)