This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thrive step 2

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, May 12, 2017 · 6 Replies · 165 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

Little question about healthy fat.  Is peanut butter considered an healthy fat?  In Thrive step 2, he doesn't even mention peanut butter, but he does with nuts. What are your thoughts on that?

Everett Carroll

Hey Etienne,

They are not listed in the Healthy Fats 101 section, so I say avoid them. I'm pretty sure they are one of the least nutritious nuts. 

Étienne Lajeunesse
2 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Etienne,

They are not listed in the Healthy Fats 101 section, so I say avoid them. I'm pretty sure they are one of the least nutritious nuts. 

Alright thanks, and if we take the other types of nut butter, do you think they still count in the good fat?

Jeff Serven

Peanut is technically not a nut, pretty unimportant fact but its not. Yea, coconut is good. 

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 hour ago, Jeff Serven said:

Peanut is technically not a nut, pretty unimportant fact but its not. Yea, coconut is good. 

Hi sir! So, in what category do we put peanuts?

And talking about nuts, do they fit in breakfast protein?  I know they're not mentioned in it but I also know that they are a good source of protein, so does it count in it?

Thanks!

Everett Carroll
3 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

So, in what category do we put peanuts?

They are a fat, so count them towards any fat tasks. 

Pauline Taube

Hi Étienne,

Peanuts are classified as a legume, same familiy as beans and peas since they also grow under ground. Other nuts such as almonds and walnuts grow on trees :)