This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

vertical lunche

Started by Michael Vetter, May 12, 2017 · 3 Replies · 82 Views

Michael Vetter

Hi,

do all the principles of the bent vertical lunche also apply to the straight one with the only addition of straightening the front leg?

Vertical lunche, both bent and straight are killing me :)

Its unbelievable how intensive this stretch is. I think I should do an additional one which targets the same area but is less intense during the rest of the week. Do you think thats a good idea? Any recommendations for such a stretch?

 

Thanks,

Michael

Jon Douglas

Yes, they are the same but basically the bent is groundwork for the straight :D enjoy the intense stretch. When you are reaching front splits with your shin up it is a real achievement.

Similar stretches (less intense!) include natural leg extensions and holds at the bottom position. Lunges and front split holds are fine provided they are not interfering with your workout; when they are fairly easy they should go in your warmup. You will have to scale the intensity appropriately but there is no reason a variation of front split, however scaled down, shouldn't be done every training day )

Suzanna McGee

I added the bent vertical lunge daily before I go to sleep. Holding 120 seconds on each leg. My hip-flexors and quads are quite tight, and I want to experiment if releasing them will help me to have better spine mobility backwards (Seals and seal pushups, etc). So far, I feel great and I don't feel it's too much. 

Antonio Alías Montoya

I also do it daily. It s a must for me. The first and most important exercise I perform. I was just about to post my 6 months progress on it!