This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Having problems with the intergrated mobility for frog stands.

Started by Josh Quin, May 11, 2017 · 8 Replies · 288 Views

Josh Quin

As above. I am able to complete the 5x 30 second holds of frog stand but can even get into position for the bent arm half straddle planche. Let alone hold it for 10 seconds. Could anyone help me on tips to strengthen my shoulders for this movement. I believe I am finding it so hard as I have quite a heavy lower body and being 6'3". Thanks in advance,

Josh

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

Whenever you are having trouble on an exercise, I highly suggest uploading a video to either the Form Checks portion of the Forum or to Video Review. By uploading a video, we will be able to give you personal feedback and tips to help you improve rather than general suggestions that may or may not help. In my opinion, Video Review and Form Checks are the fastest way to successful Gymnastic Strength Training.

Sami Miettinen

Hello, I have exactly the same problem as Josh. I do not know if it has anything to do with the problem, but I am 6'5". Will upload a video soon... Thanks, 

Sami

Pauline Taube

Hi Sami, 

Please include a video of mastery on HBP PE3 and sPL PE5 in your submission. 

Looking forward to the videos :) 

Sami Miettinen

Pauline, 

thanks for the tip! It seems that I have been stuck so long on this one, that I have lost the mastery of HBP PE3. Even mastery of the HBP PE2 is a struggle! This is the problem I have noticed on the plateaus - you lose the gains that you have achieved. I must be neglecting something...

Anyway, back to the grind ;)

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Sami Miettinen,

This is normal. Remember that you need to keep refining the movement even if you have mastered it. We hope to hear more about your progress. :)

Pauline Taube

I agree with Leo here, keep refining the basics. I suggest to add a set of these to your warmup :) 

Sami Miettinen

Pauline & Leo, 

thanks for the good advice. Will have to review the way I am doing things...

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Completing bent arm tuck planche will help develop the needed static pressing strength.