It seems like the story of my life is whenever I consistently train I get sick. I feel like this is case 75% of the time.
Well, I'm sick again and I just was a couple months ago.
Last week I started to have trouble sleeping on nights that I had trained. Then yesterday was the first day of my highest volume week of the month. I could barely sleep all night and now I wake up sick.
Now, I want you to tell me if I train too much.
Here's the program I have been following for the last two months:
Exercise selection = One leg, push, pull, core, integrated with the appropriate FSP's that I have been able do to given my elbow limitations (for a while this was none then only front lever for while so I actually havn't been doing that much training on FSP's)
Frequency = Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Volume for each exercise. Monthly cycle =
Week 1: 3 sets on mon, 2 sets on wed, 3 sets on fri
Week 2: 2 sets on mon, 2 sets on wed, 2 sets on fri
Week 3: 4 sets on mon, 2 sets on wed, 4 sets on fri
Week 4: 1 set on mon 1 set of wed, 1 set on fri
Intensity = 3-5 reps with one in tank on FBE's, and half max hold on FSP.
In addition to this, I have probably only done 1 day per week of BJJ.
I think I am going to switch to fluctuating intensity instead of volume to see if that helps, but I'm almost certain that I have overreached even on this sparse program which I specifically did just so I wouldn't overreach.