I just found this website and have been spending a large amount of time ( too much time! ) readin all the information on it. I am a Personal Fitness Trainer and Body-weight Strength Training Instructor (BST) in Houston,Texas. I've been a personal trainer for nearly 12 years and train clients out of my personal gym in my home in Houston. My website is located at:
Mike Stewart Fitness
http://www.mikestewartfitness.com
However, gymnastics and "urban fitness" (Bartendaz, B-Rock, Hannibal) etc., has made me rethink the old standby of weight training for my clients. I made my way to this website after watching the fitness videos on YOUTUBE from those black gentlemen in the Bronx and am simply amazed at the level of fitness for just simple style gymnastics on straight bars in the park. This website however better explains gymnastic style exercises to the layman (thats me).
What I am seeking to do is to introduce gymnastic exercises into my business. I am not sure where to proceed first, to be honest ... but I think I can provide some type of gymnastics training to my clients from this genre. Most personal trainers (as most of you know) are horrendously out of shape, the personal training vocation follows the IFBB style of training / nutritional supplementation, and as such, normal people (who work 40-hour a week jobs) simply cannot make a go of it. I've seen this now for nearly ten years. I would like to start making a slow change to gymnastics or "urban gymnastics" as I call it as a supplemental style of training for clients ... but not sure where to start.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My thanks to those who put this site together.
Regards
Mick