This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seiza problems

Started by Matthias Hendrik, May 10, 2017 · 1 Replies · 121 Views

Matthias Hendrik

Hi All,

Recently I started with Foundation 1 and the Stretch series, I like how everything is explained and the progressions available! It has already shown a lot of my weaknesses. Just a quick question though, during the stretch series (Front split) in the beginning there are three exercises (Elevated Seiza, Squatted Seiza and Curled Seiza) where it is emphasized to keep the heels together. I am not able to do that, should I hold my heels together with my hands and stretch that way? Or should I focus on extending the ankle and over time my heels will come together? Looking forward to your answer!

Thanks in advance,

Matthias

Pauline Taube

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Good questions, these stretches can be tough. Only go as deep into the Stretch you can go with your heels together, eventually you will be able to get deeper into the stretches. You can use a stretch strap/band around your feet to pull your heels together. This way it will be easier to focus on the Stretch rather than holding your feet with your hands :)