This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When you miss a training session

Started by Johan Linder, May 9, 2017 · 4 Replies · 229 Views

Johan Linder

Hey gb ppl!

This is my first post but I've been here on the forum for quite som time.

I started foundation last fall but life got in between my workouts and unfortunately I had a break from training from December until now.

I'm too blame for this of course, but I've finally got my motivation on track and I'm doing. 

Monday: Upper body

Tuesday: Lower body and front split

Wednesday: Core and handstand 1 & 2

Thursday: Lower body and Middle split

Friday: Handstand 1&2 and thoracic bridge

And the fundamental + thrive at the same time.

The strength components are alright but the stretch series and the im's are killing me. I'm stiff as a bord :) But I always feel great after a workout.

But as a beginner should i be worried about doing too much mobility?

I did hs 1&2 and thoracic stretch series and some daily limbers the other day and felt that maybe it was too much for my shoulders too handle? The workout went fine but that's a lot of shoulder mobility going on.

Anyways, the main reason I'm posting is too ask you what i should do if i miss a training session. This is the reason i got of track in the first place. Missed a couple of days and had a hard time catching up ,,,and then just quit training altogether.

Thank you in advance,

Johan

 

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Johan welcome to GB, well do not worry to much if you miss a training session, I think that they primarily goal it is to enjoy the training session but also your life, work and family. In the biggest part of the situations you will recover better from the missed session! so, take it easy!

Johan Linder

Thanks for the answer Allesandro,

Okay, maybe i'm overthinking things.. I will try to incorporate your lesson here and try to take it easy and have fun with the workouts!

David Markey

I have this same question. More specifically, if I miss my Wednesday Upper Body workout, does GSB recommend I make it up on Thursday? and shift my whole program 1 day? Or does GSB recommend I stick to the regularly scheduled Thursday routine?

Everett Carroll

Hey David,

Great question. When life happens and you miss a workout, slide it over a day. Don't skip, just adjust.