This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fruit?

Started by Katherine Zodiaco, May 9, 2017 · 3 Replies · 127 Views

Katherine Zodiaco

Hello, I seem to have removed fruit from my diet and would like to add it back in. Yesterday I added 3 large strawberries to my lunch and I think I"m going to add an apple or orange in-between lunch and dinner (hungry and reaching for sweets!). Is there an optimal time to eat fruit? I know Jeff said that in an pinch an apple could be your starch, but I'm not sure I want to make that a regular practice.

Thanks,

Kathy

Antonio Alías Montoya

I think just before/after training it s optimal. I eat 2 pieces of fruit daily between lunch and dinner because I don t like at all to eat them  with my big meals. But if i don t train I also eat them a the same time.

Darin Phoenix

I eat fruit multiple times a day.

I have a mixture of fresh and frozen berries, along with apple and kiwi fruit on my bowl of oats each day. I also snack on apples during the day. And I add mango and pineapple pieces to a green smoothie I drink almost daily. 

And I eat whatever seasonal fruit is available at the time. No set amount I just eat it when I'm hungry.

Jeff Serven

I agree wit Darin.

Don't be afraid of fruit and the fear mongering that fruit makes you fat. What I meant about the apple and starch is if you are in a bind you can just eat a few apples for the starch. Obviously that is not something you want to get into the habit of but a piece of fruit or two a day isn't a bad thing.