This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adding tumbling 1 vs increasing frequency

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, May 8, 2017 · 7 Replies · 182 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hello there,

I have been doing each workout once a week, sth like coachs recommended schedule but without tumbling 1.

I heard that doing everything except stretch twice is ideal, but currently dont have time.

so if I have to following 3 options:

adding tumbling

adding another F7

addimg another HS day

what would you do?

Christopher Haddock

I chose to add tumbling.  It provides something really different and is, frankly, fun.  At 55 years old it's like being a kid again.  I do 3 days Foundations, 2 days Handstand, 2 days Tumbling, and 3 days Stretching (the 3 videos).  Neither Handstand nor Tumbling take that much time.

Everett Carroll

Hi Feli,

For you, I recommend adding in an extra handstand workout. Because you are so consistent with video reviews, I know more Handstand One and Handstand Two training would benefit you a lot. An additional upper body workout is a close second. 

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thanks for your answers!

You are right, I am more advanced at core/lower body than upper body, and HS firsts PEs flow to upperbody I imagine right?

so would first add an additional HS day, then when have time will add additional upper body, and then tumbling one.

I am taking 1 hour aprox to do wrist work, hs1 and 2. Is that too much?

Everett Carroll

Are you doing any extra practice in that hour or is it taking you a full hour to complete just the prescribed workout?

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Its taking me a full hour to complete the whole HS workout including warming up 10 mins aprox

Everett Carroll

Hey Feli,

I bet you could trim the length up a bit. We should continue this conversation in the H1 forum if you have further questions.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Sure will post there later.

thanks!