Just curious if there is any sort of deadlift equivalent in the Foundation courses. I've heard that deadlift is one of the best overall exercises that you can do.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Deadlift equivalent in GST?
Started by Sam Jarvis, May 8, 2017 · 2 Replies · 226 Views
Hi Sam,
Good question. When stating that an exercise is 'the best' I always ask myself the question 'for what?'. Deadlifts are for sure a great exercise. Whether to include it in your schedule or not depends on your goals.
GST have a great carryover to weight training as your overall strength increases a lot, but the opposite is not always the case.
In the Foundation courses Deadlifts are not included. However, the weighted mobility exercises in the course, especially Jefferson curls and the core exercises will conditioning your body and make it more bulletproof so you are able to lift more and lift safely.
When starting the Foundation courses I put my regular weight training on hold for a while to see what happened. I played around with weights every now and then after my GB training. After a couple months I could easily deadlift twice my body weight.
Deadlift equivalent would be the gymnastic bridges