This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tuck-up - MN - PE1 - shoulder grind

Started by Sarah Dahlinger, May 8, 2017 · 2 Replies · 53 Views

Sarah Dahlinger

Hi Guys,

This exercise was never hard for me but I recently when to an art conference (left handed artist by trade). When I got back, I noticed that my left shoulder was grinding a bit when I brought my arms back to hit the floor.

1) If I keep them from hitting the floor, no grinding, it's in that last little bit

2) Never have issues with this shoulder. This grinding isn't really painful just kind of tight/odd feeling. I can do all other exercises without issue. Even shoulder dislocates with a wooden dowel - no grinding.

3) Figure that is probably all gunked up from the conference.

4) How should I proceed? Stop doing Tuck ups? Still do them but not let me arms hit the floor for a bit?

5) Any stretches/other exercise you can recommend thanks!

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Sarah, generally, when there is no pain you can continue without problem BUT with the focus of symmetrical movement as much as you can. Can you say something more about the grinding? how does the shoulder moves? more elevation of the shoulder? less flexion compared to the other arm? the affected arm it is bend?

Sarah Dahlinger

Cool good to know.

The left shoulder feels tighter but has the same ROM as the right. I think my right moves more fluidly than the left but the left will get there eventually (so both arms don't move at the same speed). After today's work out and me going back to drawing for work I do have a slight discomfort in the left shoulder. very slight

I think it's only grinds for the very last part of when you lay back down and put your arm ups. It doesn't grind for any other exercise.

Thanks!