This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical frog form check

Started by Francisco Garcia, May 8, 2017 · 3 Replies · 123 Views

Francisco Garcia

In my vertical frog, I am not sure what I should be focusing on.  My shin isn't vertical.  My glutes aren't on the ground.  My feet aren't pointed away.   I can't improve all of these at once.  Which to focus on first?  I'd appreciate any advice on how to improve the form.  

https://youtu.be/r3w4VgW9GG4

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Francisco,

Good questions. I'd focus on keeping your shin vertical. Don't worry about getting your glutes to the ground in the beginning. Go as low as you can and over time your mobility will improve. However try to keep the heal of the working leg on the floor.

You can scale this exercise by holding on a pole/bench at the descend and in the bottom position. This way it's easier to keep the balance and you can use one arm to keep upright while you are using the other arm to press your knee out. 

I hope this helps, keep us posted on your progress :) 

Francisco Garcia

Thank you Pauline!  I will focus on keeping the shin vertical and not worry about how low I get.  

I feel like my progress in achieving middle splits, which was pretty dramatic at first, has now stalled.  Hopefully focusing on perfecting the form in each exercise will help kickstart things...

Pauline Taube

You're welcome, keep being consistent with your training. Focusing on details and form will definitely pay off ;)