This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE6 5x10

Started by Ryan Segervall, May 7, 2017 · 10 Replies · 162 Views

Ryan Segervall

 

- This was my second run at this, first time ive filmed it. I have the leg strength and endurance to get through 5x10 without much fatigue. hardest part for me is keeping track of reps, as the set goes on forever! 

Some things I need to work on and some questions I had.

1) Totally need to continue to work on maintaining focus during the long sets and not miss a rep count

2) 5x10 is 10 reps on each leg right? so there and back is 1?

3) and for the iM 5x5 is 5 reps twisting each direction? So there and back would be 1 rep? 

 

Also let me know if there is anything I can work on ( I realize this isnt perfect, and some reps were missed, working on cleaning it up. again has to do with mental focus)

 I know it might appear ambitious testing out mastery volume right away but it is really not that difficult of an exercise for me. Thoughts on volume?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

5x10 means 5 reps per side because it wasn't indicated "per side". Cossack Squats are done 5 reps per side and total of 10 per set. As for the iM, twisting squat 5x5 is 5 reps per side and total of 10. 

Always keep your heels flat and make your reps consistent. Try not to 'bounce' when you go down on your cossack squat. As for your twisting squats, avoid touching the floor when you sit down. Work on making your turn and squat smooth. Overall good attempt. Keep working on it. 

Ryan Segervall

- here is mastery volume on PE6. Felt like I cleaned my form up and focused on what @Leo Trinidad recommended. 

A couple things I could do better

1) my right heel sometimes lifts off the ground ever so slightly, this needs to be fixed

2) on some reps I will bounce at the bottom, although getting better, I could still improve

3) Keeping my balance on the im and smoothing it out. 

 

In general this exercise is really easy for my legs, but I feel I could still benefit from it in terms of mobility. I know PE7 is a very similar set up with slightly higher time under tension and more emphasis on the abductors, would it be appropriate to progress onwards to that variation to help challenge my leg/hip strength more but still be working on increasing the same ranges of motion seen in this exercise? 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

Yes it would be appropriate to progress onwards on the next PE as long as you still keep this in your warmup just to be able to refine the form even better. Good job on your progress and keep up the good work. :)

Greg White

Im interested why the suggestion for the butt not to touch the ground during the iM? Ive just mastered this and was never advised not to. None of the course material advises not to touch the butt dow ?

One thing i noticed Ryan (I was picked up for this) is you aren't straightening the knees and hips once youve stood up during the iM. 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Greg White,

To be specific, avoid touching the floor with your hands. :)

Greg White
7 minutes ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Greg White,

To be specific, avoid touching the floor with your hands. :)

Ah, i see. 

I'm keeping twisting squats in my warmup (on the basis i hate them therefore they must be good for me) and thought you were alluding to maintaining tension or something. I shall continue to touch the floor with my butt :)

Ryan Segervall

@Greg White

 

I'll stand up more and contract my gluts and knee extensors while at the top of the rep. thank you for keeping me honest

Tamra Myers

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to verify what Leo said above.

"5x10 means 5 reps per side because it wasn't indicated "per side". Cossack Squats are done 5 reps per side and total of 10 per set. As for the iM, twisting squat 5x5 is 5 reps per side and total of 10."

So step 9 of SLS PE6 only requires 5 reps per side per set? I've been doing twice as many for a couple of months now. No wonder this exercise takes me so long.

Is the "@" symbol the "per-side" indication for the number of reps? 

Thanks,

Tamra

Alessandro Mainente

Yes.

Rafael Garcia

Just to clarify, for mastery we should be doing a total of 50 twisting squats split amongst 5 sets of 5 reps per side.

Best,

Rafael