This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Best way to sit?

Started by Philip Windsor, May 6, 2017 · 2 Replies · 143 Views

Philip Windsor

Ok so I cannot do much about sitting at work, but I can at Home.

So my question is what is the best way to sit so as not to undo the hard work in the front splits sessions. 

At the moment I'm in between seiza and cross legged. Just wondering if you can over train seiza this way?

Everett Carroll

Hey Philip,

If you are forced to sit at work during the day, then the best way to sit at home is to stand up ;) Seriously though, avoid it and switch up the other positions like you are doing. I usually end up it about 50 different positions throughout the day, never staying in one for more than 15-20 minutes. Sitting in a squat, seiza, straddle, butterfly, etc., are all good option. Then stand up for a while if you can.

Philip Windsor

Cheers Everett, on the face of it i was thinking this is a stupid question, but after thinking about it more, i think its quite important to address.  I'll try some more positions then, thanks for the swift response.

Cheers Phil