This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE9 + iM: negative body lever + seal push-up (Form Check)

Started by Suzanna McGee, May 5, 2017 · 2 Replies · 52 Views

Suzanna McGee

Yesterday, I started on this progression. Curious to hear what I need to focus on to make this perfect over time… 

(My back has never been very bendy backwards, but I have added daily extra stretches of my hip-flexors and curious to see how it helps to improve my lower back arch in a month or so…)

Thank you!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Suzanna,

It looks pretty good. Awesome job lowering slow and controlled on your negative body lever. You are picking up a small amount of pike in the hips as you lower. Keep working on straightening them. Other than that, it looks awesome!

You're also off to a good start on the iM. Your ROM in your lower back will improve as you continue to do this exercise as well as your other stretches. I recommend warming up with some static seal stretch to help loosen the spine.

Suzanna McGee

Thank you, @Jeffrey Bittner, it's great to know what to work on. Much appreciated!