Handstand arched palm

Started by Liam Cooper 150668, May 4, 2017 · 3 Replies · 2,585 Views

Liam Cooper 150668

Hi everyone

I've been training handstand against the wall for some time now but struggle to keep my hands flat. I can keep them flat when performing a free standing handstand, just not against the wall. My wrist flexibility is pretty decent so I don't think that's the issue.

(Picture of the problem attached)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

20170504_203639 (Large).png

Alessandro Mainente

This is a common tendency when the traps are not enough strong, the fingers are over squeezed and the palm angle it is reduced.

Liam Cooper 150668

Alessandro, it's not the issue I was expecting but hey, I'll try and strengthen the traps and work on shorter handstand holds with flatter palms.

your help is much appreciated, thanks

Tanya Hill

Would love to see your full line in your handstand @Liam Cooper 150668  Are you currently following the GB handstand courses as well?