This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hs pe1 seated shoulder flexion

Started by Leigh Kettle, May 4, 2017 · 7 Replies · 145 Views

Leigh Kettle

Heh guys 

I'm still yet to begin this mobility exercise as it is supposed to be performed ( with a weighted bar ) after advice from you guys here to not start that until my flexion improved 

I posted a bit back after what I thought was improvement but was told my hands we're too far apart to really be good enough to start using weight on this exercise 

the attached video is where I am today with hands shoulder width plus one hand apart (so closer together than my last form check )

Am I yet able to start weighted version of this or am I still needing  more degree of flexion :-//

many thanks 

leigh https://youtu.be/z9tHVySdxkI

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Leigh,

It looks pretty good from the side. Would you mind posting a video from the back as well?

Leigh Kettle

https://youtu.be/3Lo_u4ex2xI

Thank you Jeffrey 

here you go

many thanks 

@Jeffrey Bittner

 

ah no just realsied you said from the back :-( does the front view help tho lol 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for taking the time to shoot another video. A front view works just fine.

Your hand placement looks good. As you do this exercise, avoid sticking the head forward. I recommend spending one or two more weeks getting used to your new ROM before adding weight.

Awesome job!

Leigh Kettle

Ok Jeffrey thank you , will do 

Leigh 

Leigh Kettle

Hey @Jeffrey Bittner hope you well

here is my current position after doing what you said and working on unweighted a little longer

more time needed ??

your thoughts and feedback much appreciated 

Leigh https://youtu.be/mTVVPijzyDE

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement, Leigh! It looks like you are ready to start adding weight. 

As a side note, don't hold your breath. Make sure that you are taking small, shallow breaths.

Leigh Kettle

Awesome Jeffrey thank you