This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 iM

Started by Josh Earl, May 4, 2017 · 6 Replies · 55 Views

Josh Earl

How is my form and ROM on these:

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

It looks pretty good. You are picking up a small amount of pelvic rotation as you lift the leg. As you do this exercise, try to keep the pelvis completely stable.

Josh Earl
5 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Josh,

It looks pretty good. You are picking up a small amount of pelvic rotation as you lift the leg. As you do this exercise, try to keep the pelvis completely stable.

Thanks, @Jeffrey Bittner, I'll work on that. Am I close to the ROM required for mastery? I've been stuck on level 9 for this PE for a while now trying to get this iM down...

Everett Carroll

Hi Josh, 

For mastery, you want to lift your knee to hip height. Keep working to match the ROM shown in the course mobility video.  

Josh Earl
1 hour ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hi Josh, 

For mastery, you want to lift your knee to hip height. Keep working to match the ROM shown in the course mobility video.  

Thanks, @Everett Carroll, I was afraid you'd say that. :)

Can you give me some pointers or cues for working on this move? It feels like it's mostly about glute med strength.

I'm also a little concerned that I'm going to need to get a full middle split before I'll be able to bring my knee hip high... I'm working on that, but it's going to be a while...

Everett Carroll

Hey Josh,

Steady middle split stretch series training, along with some extra reps of these lifts throughout the day will really help. I prefer to do iM's like this throughout the day to keep my hips and glutes open. Also, the sPL>iM's really help with ROM here so throw in some bonus hip swivels and prone straddle variations to your warmups and cooldowns.

Whenever I am hung up on a mobility exercise, I do 3-5 sets spread throughout the day. For this iM, I suggest you do 5-10 reps per side 5x per day in addition to your normal training. That should really speed up your progress. 

I don't have MS yet and I can raise to hip height so it is possible. You'll get these mastered sooner than you think Josh. Stick with it!

Josh Earl

Thanks, @Everett Carroll—that's super helpful.

I'm already doing MS and 30 extra swivel hips a day during my daily limber, and this week I've been doing sets of the side lying leg lifts to work on my glute med strength. 

So I'm on the right track, just have to be patient. What else is new. :)