This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Additional Scap/Supraspinatus Exercises

Started by Paul Wallbridge, May 4, 2017 · 0 Replies · 77 Views

Paul Wallbridge

I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for extra exercises to help develop better support for the supraspinatus and scap muscles.

ive had some issues with my shoulder which after 2 months of scans and physio they have finally ruled out serious injury (no tear visible on MRI or Ultrasound).

The key issues I have are tight pec connective tissue to shoulder (due to desk work etc), winging of scapular and a supraspinatus cortical irregularity shown on the MRI.

i need to build support for the shoulder and eliminate the winging so have placed extra focus on scap shrugs and emphasis on ensuring good protraction and retraction of the scaps in press ups. Also doing stretches to loosen the pecs. Does anyone know of some extra exercises I can add in to help build support and hopefully alleviate the pain I'm getting from my shoulder?

thanks in advance!