This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Low Back Pain

Started by Grant Gill, May 4, 2017 · 5 Replies · 133 Views

Grant Gill

Hey guys,

Just some background, I am a beginner. low PE2 on almost everything from upper body to core, excluding legs for some reason. Pistol squats don't cause any problems for me. 

I have been experiencing a growing dull ache in my lower back (on the right, close to the hip) and more recently, when I bend over to pick something up (pike-ish back position) I feel a strange pulling that is not necessarily painful but uncomfortable and worrisome. I don't notice it when I am warm and going through my workouts.

Since it has been getting worse slowly but surely, I would like some advice on how to pre-hab this away and avoid future problems. 

It should also be said that I never had back issues before, even doing super heavy powerlifting, olympic lifting, etc. 

Thanks in advance.

Everett Carroll

Hi Grant,

Sorry to hear about your back. Many people experience discomfort and/or pain in the lumbar region at some point in their lives. The best thing to do is have a medical professional take a look at it. That is the best way to stay safe. In the meantime, be sensitive to the area and, as much as possible, avoid pushing through the discomfort. Unfortunately, it is impossible for us to know what the exact issue is behind a monitor. An in-person diagnosis is the best route to take here. 

Leigh Kettle

Front split series will be your friend I'm certain of it 

Coach himself states that

"so many lower back issues are caused by tightness is hamstrings,hip flexors etc " can't remember the exact wording lol but you get the idea ...

Having experienced these similar sensations in the past they  have been all but eradicated for me since starting fs 

that series, in fact this programme  is a joy to behold  

good luck 

Benjamin Renaud

I'd say see a good chiropractor and get adjusted before it gets worse.

Grant Gill

Do you guys think it is possible that it is similar to the soreness I experience after a good stretching routine? For example, sore hip abductors after the middle split routine. Only in this case the stretch in the back causing soreness?

Ever heard of this kind of thing occurring in the lower back?

Everett Carroll

Hey Grant,

It's possible, but I still recommend you let a medical doctor take a look. Lower back pain is one of those areas that you don't want to tamper with.