This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE3 Mastery?

Started by Paul Moran, May 4, 2017 · 3 Replies · 64 Views

Paul Moran

Hey guys

Can I get a mastery check for this element please?

Thanks

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Paul,

It's looking pretty good. Just a bit of refinement before moving on. Keep working on your lean. Your goal should be to lean so that the hands are in line with your belly button during your push up. Currently your hands are in line with the bottom of your ribs. To feel more confident in your position, work on keeping PPT. Squeeze your gluts and drop your hips towards the floor. As you do your PPP, try to touch your hips to the ground just before touching your chest to the ground on each rep. Remember to hit a strong protraction at the top of each rep.

Alessandro Mainente

Remember that the order in which the body parts reach the floor it is knees, hips, belly, chest and shoulder.

Paul Moran

Thanks for the feedback guys. My vision of how this should look has been wrong then. I thought I was supposed to be leading down with my chest. I'll work on getting things in the correct order, more lean, and more protraction.