This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

VANCOUVER, B.C., Canada

Started by Luke Searra, May 3, 2017 · 9 Replies · 1,135 Views

Luke Searra

Anyone doing GST in Vancouver, let's all link up and start working out.

Jamie Beuthin

Vancouver here. Where are you working out?

Luke Searra

Hey Jamie,

ill be working out at least in the beginning in Surrey. Are you anywhere near there? 

Andrew Black

Hey Jamie and Luke,

Have either of you found a good spot to train? Like a gym that has adjustable rings, stall bars, etc? Or somewhere outside? I know UBC has okay facilities for gymnastics, but I'm looking for other options.

Also could possibly meet up to train sometime, but I'm very beginner (PE 1 & 2 across the board) so probably couldn't keep up, and Surrey is a little out of the way for me as I live downtown.

Luke Searra

Hey Andrew, Jamie, I would love to check out the UBC facilities some time this weekend. I was thinking about mount pleasant as well. Please send me a PM so I can give you both my cell number and add me to whatsapp. I will create a group chat for us all.

Ron Walker

Hey Luke, Jamie, Andrew, I just moved to Vancouver from the Toronto area. I've been training with GST for a few years. I'm not sure how to PM you guys but I'd love to connect and train with you guys! Let me know.

Cheers 

Luke Searra

Hi Ron,

Right now I live in New Westminster and train here and in Mount Pleasant, I will send you a PM with my number.

Lorenzo De Lara

Hi I’m visiting Vancouver for the summer from Seattle. I checked out the bouldering gyms hoping for something like Seattle Bouldering Project’s awesome non bouldering gym facilities but they weren’t really close. I checked out Newton Recreation Centre in Surrey where we’re currently airbnb’ing and was impressed for what you get for the price but still no stall bar. 

Please PM if you’re interested in meeting up anywhere in the greater Vancouver area. I can treat you to coffee!

 

Marshal Wong

Hi, 

I'm in Burnaby and have been trying to practice at home.  But I think I need some help and some motivation since I've fallen off the training cycle over the last few week.

Anyone here still actively training? Would like to connect and meetup to train.

Best,

Marshal

Jeff Barletta

Hey everyone,

I'm located in Vancouver near English Bay and I'm selling my 8'2" Artimex stall bars. Let me know if anyone is interested in more info. Kind of a unique item to sell so I figured here would be my best bet.