This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretches after workout

Started by James Wilder, May 3, 2017 · 2 Replies · 94 Views

James Wilder

I just started the stretch series which I am working through with the fundamentals.  I am inflexible, lack full mobility and 50 years old.  I heard coach Sommer say to perform each stretch series after working out and no more than once a week.

 

What counts as an adequate workout (time length)?  I am pressed for time with work and kids and so break my day up into shorter morning and evening workouts?

Alessandro Mainente

HI James and welcome to GB. well in your case you can consider performing 2 sessions. The suggestion fo Coach Sommer it is due to the previous joint and tissue warm up that you can have with a completed workout. If you perform the stretch series in the evening for sure you need a simple warm up. the good thing it is that the stretch series it is structured so that the first exercise can be considered a warm up.

James Wilder

Thank you