This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Addition to foundation 1

Started by Craig Gibson, May 1, 2017 · 5 Replies · 160 Views

Craig Gibson

Hi Folks. I am working my way through foundation 1 and really enjoying it. Progressing slowly but surely, except with tuck rocks! Been stuck on 4x48 for weeks! Determined to get it soon. Until recently I have been working on GB a couple of times per week and combining that with going to a regular gym a couple of times per week also. I am considering however reducing the gym sessions to increase the GB work as I really like the program and at 42 yrs old I think my joints will thank me for it. (History of crossfit for a 3 years previously. Great fun but joints didn't thank me for that!)

I have been finding recently that my hips are feeling a bit tight / painful and considering introducing one of the stretch modules to help with this. Can I ask which module you would recommend starting with? Front vs Middle splits? Also how long does each session take and do you recommend tagging it on to the end of a foundation work out or completing it on a separate day? I am also tempted to start the handstand 1 but not sure if that is too much at this stage. Don't want to take on too much and end up slowing the progress in foundation. Any advice on best stretch options plus possible weekly schedules would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Craig, it is hard to choose between middle and front split because both of them work on the hips. If they are your primary goal you can avoid for now Handstand 1 and look for both middle and front split stretch course.

Christopher Hancox

Hi Craig,

I have been on Foundation 1 for a short while now. I also have the stretch series and handstand which are all good. The handstand work starts off quite easy so is easy to add in. With regard to the stretch series, my hips are more targeted in the middle split routine, whilst front split seems to target more hamstring, calves, and general posterior chain. They are all definately worth looking into though.

Hope this helps.

Craig Gibson

Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies.

Jennifer Rodriguez

Since you're no spring chicken, and I feel you on that one, I would suggest getting everything and starting asap.    You won't be sorry about it, I promise. 

Craig Gibson

Lol Fair point Jennifer spring does seem like a while ago now!