This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Maintenance and Progression

Started by Derek Schlieps, May 1, 2017 · 4 Replies · 177 Views

Derek Schlieps

Hi which of the mobility exercises should be continued (or in the case of weighted mobility - progressed to more weight) in order to maintain them after completing mastery? How often should they be worked? What are the weight goals for each of the weighted mobility exercises?

For the PE exercises, what is the recommended way of maintaining strength for previously mastered exercises while working new movements?

Is there a post or a page with all this information in one place that I missed? 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Derek, there is soo many exercises in the foundations, I invite you when you have completed an exercise to ask directly in this post how much weight you have to use.

Generally and exercise you should hold it is the jefferson curl, for the long terms goal the Bodyweight jefferson curl it is highly recommended. 

When the intention it is to maintain something, I prefer to perform the double of the mastery or at least 1.5xmastery  in the warm up.in the JC case, 10 reps must be performed, for the rowing variation 20-30  reps, push up 30 reps and so on.

Derek Schlieps

Ok thanks for xiaopeng and stiff leg windmills should those be continued after mastery with more weight or are they eclipsed by subsequent exercises? 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Derek,

You will move on to new progressions, however, it is always a good idea to continue doing exercises that you have already mastered. Re-visiting previous progressions and mobility exercises will help you maintain good form and technique.

Leigh Kettle

Great question

I also have struggled with the Notion of knowing what I should continue doing once mastered. ( Not that I have mastered many elements as yet granted)  .as Alex stated there are soooooo many exercises and if we were to include previously mastered ones in our warm ups these warm ups would end up taking most of the day by the end of just foundation 1 alone  

Hopefully as I get deeper into the  program I'll get a better understanding of what I should continue doing once mastered