This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Over stretched wrist?

Started by Ima Staihid, May 1, 2017 · 5 Replies · 107 Views

Ima Staihid

I just completed the Fundamentals course.  I think I got a little carried away on the last Daily Limber yesterday and over stretched my wrist.  There was no acute injury - it didn't hurt at the time. When I woke up today, my right wrist is very sore - exaggeratedly so if I put pressure on my upper palm with my hand bent pack like I was doing a pushup.

The question - for an injury like this, should I just take time off until the pain is gone?  Or can I drive on a start Foundation One?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Ima, simply stay away from the painful movement or painful range of motion. if the injury it is very light you can see a very bug step in the recovery process after 3-4 days.

Ima Staihid

Thanks, Alessandro

Mark Anthony Le

Are you sure it's an injury? It might really just be sore. Is it still sore? 

On 5/1/2017 at 1:52 PM, Ima Staihid said:

I just completed the Fundamentals course.  I think I got a little carried away on the last Daily Limber yesterday and over stretched my wrist.  There was no acute injury - it didn't hurt at the time. When I woke up today, my right wrist is very sore - exaggeratedly so if I put pressure on my upper palm with my hand bent pack like I was doing a pushup.

The question - for an injury like this, should I just take time off until the pain is gone?  Or can I drive on a start Foundation One?

 

Ima Staihid
On 5/3/2017 at 7:18 AM, Mark Anthony Le said:

Are you sure it's an injury? It might really just be sore. Is it still sore? 

 

Still a little sore today - but probably 80% better.  I know of DOMS in muscle tissue - didn't think the same concept would apply for connective tissue - but I'm certainly no expert.  

Mark Anthony Le
1 hour ago, Ima Staihid said:

Still a little sore today - but probably 80% better.  I know of DOMS in muscle tissue - didn't think the same concept would apply for connective tissue - but I'm certainly no expert.  

It's completely possible and if I'm wrong I'm sure others would correct me. As a NASM-CES, I've found that clients may feel sore because of lack of usage.