Hi,
Could anyone here help me with the stomach to wall handstand form check? I'm new to this community. Thanks a lot!!
Started by Jay Liew, May 1, 2017 · 5 Replies · 1,612 Views
Hi,
Could anyone here help me with the stomach to wall handstand form check? I'm new to this community. Thanks a lot!!
Hi Jay,
Welcome to GB and thanks for submitting a video! The biggest thing I notice is your pelvic tilt needs to be more posterior. Keeping your glutes and core more strongly engaged will really help. More posterior pelvic tilt will straighten out your line by removing the arch in your lower back. I suggest you look into Handstand One for progressions and drills to improve your PPT.
Hey thanks Everett!!
I feel that it's quite hard to engage my glutes to keep a proper ppt. I don't know what's missing, perhaps my shoulders aren't open enough?
Hey Jay,
Your shoulder flexion needs a little attention for sure. Wall handstands are not the best place for you to practice body line right now. More basic bodyline drills will help to give you a better feel of the correct wall position while strengthening your shoulders and traps. Moving away from the wall, for now, to instead address your shoulder mobility and bodyline drills will save you a lot of time in the end. Mastering those basics first will make your wall handstands feel awesome once you return to them.
The biggest problem here it is a lack of shoulder mobility.
Where the body cannot arrive, the body compensate. in this case, the bodyline it is a compensation for lack of shoulders mobility and the back tends to arch, you can not avoid it.
Thanks everett and Alessandro!!
Will stop wall work and work on my shoulder mobility, posterior pelvic tilt and proper handstand line on the ground.
Will post a new video update in a few weeks time.