This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS2/PE1 and im

Started by Johan Tideland, April 30, 2017 · 6 Replies · 109 Views

Johan Tideland

Hi

I have always put the hs2 on hold because I know that my pike is horrible and I am nowhere close being able to master the im but on my last hs session I tried to do the pe1 and im and since they hardly even take 5 min to do at the end of my hs session I figured I might ad it in.

I am for off on the im and I feel a lot of pressure on my lower back but it does not hurt. When I do the im everything just feels sort of thick, like I am out of breath, it is this immense pressure on my hamstrings, the soles of my feet and my lower back. I don't know, perhaps I should not just not do this until my pike flexibility gets better.

On the other hand I recognize this feeling, I had the same feeling when I started withe the front split and thoracic bridge stretch series in April 2016, however this feeling stopped after having done the stretch series for a while. I remember that I put of the stretch series for a long time because I waited for my body to sort of "be ready/feel better" but it never did until I actually started doing the stretches consistently. I am thinking that it could be something similar but I am not sure.

Here is the PEhttps://youtu.be/fs_0IJnriPg

im https://youtu.be/It59HyLHfSo

It would be nice to hear your opinions, should I keep doing this or should I wait until my pike flexibility is better? and how is my form?

Thanks

Johan   

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Johan, actually if you move forward your pike mobility will be the limiting factor for the future elements so there is no reason to move forward until a decent level of pike it is reached.

Johan Tideland

Alright, thanks for the input @Alessandro Mainente, I will put this on hold until I reach a better pike flexibility.

Johan

Kai Ewert

You can keep doing this PE and iM though to improve your pike (together with the Front Splits course and MN progressions)

Johan Tideland

Ah ok so I can still do it? Thanks @Kai Ewert Well I am no stranger to doing a progression for a long time, so I do not mind doing it if it helps with my pike.

Thanks

Kai Ewert

Just be careful in the sense that you want the force of the stretch to be felt in your hamstrings rather than in your lower back. The inverted stretches on the stall bar exert quite some force, you want to be ready for that with respect to lower back strength (SL progressions) and body awareness (i.e., don't round your back to get lower, which would put undue stress on the back)

Johan Tideland

Thanks Kai, I will make sure to do it the way told me and be careful.