This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson curl

Started by Leigh Kettle, April 30, 2017 · 7 Replies · 173 Views

Leigh Kettle

https://youtu.be/Aa42Mkb8J10

 

hey @Everett Carroll

here is my first Jefferson curl form check as requested by you in my tuck up post 

as you can see, my spinal mobility is of the highest order :-/ :-/ . 

Be kind lol

leigh 

Luke Searra

Hello Leigh, 

We definitely have some work to do with your titanium spine !!! :P Keep up the consistent work and it'll start to loosen up eventually. I'd like to see way more articulation in the JC in both directions and less hips shooting backward at the bottom of the movement. Great job so far. 

Josh Earl

@Leigh Kettle Loading up the bar with a kindergartener though--mad props for that. 

Leigh Kettle
On 30/04/2017 at 2:20 PM, Luke Searra said:

Hello Leigh, 

We definitely have some work to do with your titanium spine !!! :P Keep up the consistent work and it'll start to loosen up eventually. I'd like to see way more articulation in the JC in both directions and less hips shooting backward at the bottom of the movement. Great job so far. 

Thank you Luke @Luke Searra

in terms of articulating more will that come with repetition of this exercise or should I incorporate something else to help with this. I already do the tb series that I'm hoping will help but I'm not all the way into the whole series yet due to poor shoulder flexion :/(

also I find breathing in the Jc very troublesome . Do you have any tips here ? 

Thanks again 

Leigh 

Leigh Kettle

@Luke Searra

hey luke

ive been on the Jefferson curl around 3 weeks now since you commented above 

I know still so far to go but is there any improvement here after taking your advice on board as much as i can with my obvious limitations at present 

many thanks 

https://youtu.be/YsNh7SvhwoI

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Leigh,

You still have some work to do, but you are headed in the right direction. You are doing a better job of keeping your butt from "shooting backward" like Luke said. Your curl has also improved. You're making progress, keep up the good work!

Leigh Kettle
14 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Leigh,

You still have some work to do, but you are headed in the right direction. You are doing a better job of keeping your butt from "shooting backward" like Luke said. Your curl has also improved. You're making progress, keep up the good work!

Thanks Jeffrey 

i "felt"  it was better but was scared of you saying the contrary  . At least you think there is a little progress that I can build on

thanks so much 

leigh

Luke Searra

Leigh,

I can only recommend the way I personally have chosen to breathe for the Jefferson Curl, which is the complete opposite to breathing for weightlifting ... Pull your belly button to your spine to complement the vertebral articulation through the movement. Once you have reached the bottom of the curl, without releasing your abdominal tension, begin your ascent.