This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Quick Question on Front Stretch Series

Started by Nigel Pengelly, April 30, 2017 · 3 Replies · 98 Views

Nigel Pengelly

Hi Everyone,

 

I'm 5 days into the fundamentals course and loving it so far. So much so that I have just signed up for the Front Stretch series as I read that was a good one to supplement with early on as i work through the Foundations etc. I have been reading the forums for advice and inspiration - I have about 15 years of long distance triathlon to work back!

 

Anyway, I didn't want to be the guy that asks a question that's easy to answer so I promise I've looked. :)

 

I was expecting the front stretch to walk me through exercises (steps) that unlock as I progress and i mark each session with a smiley face to get the right level of difficulty etc. However, when I click on the front stretch work out i just have the main video (44 mins) and then that broken down into 14 or so smaller movements. Is this stage actually step one? Should I jump in and try all of these up front? 

Second question, it seems that once a week is ok for Front Stretch initially and then I continue with the Fundamentals in parallel?

 

Thanks heaps. 

 

Nigel

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community! Happy to hear that you are enjoying the Fundamentals course. 

The Stretch series will remain the same. You will notice by repeating the series each week will allow you to get deeper into the stretches, and a result your flexibility will improve. 

In your Course Library you see an overview of each individual exercise. Before starting to do the follow along video I highly recommend to study the execution of the exercises. You also have a technical tip video for each. These videos explain you in detail how to perform the movement and how to scale the Stretch to your current level. After studying these, you can start doing the follow along video. 

The Front Split series is a great addition to your Fundamentals course. Keep doing your daily daily lessons, while starting to perform the FS series once a week :) 

Feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions :) 

Nigel Pengelly

Thanks Pauline. I'll do the Front Stretch series once a week (step by step rather than follow along) and Fundamentals the other days.  Appreciate the quick response - awesome.

Pauline Taube

You are welcome Nigel. 

Starting step by step is a good idea, however once you get familiar with the stretches I do recommend to use the follow along video, the session will be more intense and you will save time ;)