This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated Thoracic Bridge work and finger numbness

Started by Benjamin Fuhrer, April 29, 2017 · 1 Replies · 55 Views

Benjamin Fuhrer

Hi! In the last 2 sessions I did elevated thoracic bridge work which strangely resulted in tingling and a bit of numbness in both my hands (during 1 session and only the left hand during the second). This feeling was mostly in the index and middle finger and it returned to normal after something like an hour.

I wanted to know what is the cause of this? and what should I do about it?

Thanks

Pauline Taube

Hi Benjamin,

Usually pinched nerves in the shoulders and neck can cause your hands/fingers to get numb. 

I recommend to get an assessment from a physio. This way you can get specific stretches and bodywork if needed. They will also find out where exactly the problem is, and once you know which area you are having excessive tightness it is easier to recommend exercises that will target the issue :)