This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE12 (Bulgarian L Pull-up)

Started by Petri Widsten, April 29, 2017 · 10 Replies · 122 Views

Petri Widsten

I started this element off with a bunch of singles and doubles to get the form down. How am I looking? Compared to previous element it takes much more energy to do these with control. 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petri,

Awesome job so far! Make sure that you are lowering with the rings held out wide just like when you pull up. Keep it up!

Petri Widsten

Hey Jeffrey, thanks for the advise. I'll try to retrace my upward path when lowering. 

Petri Widsten

Still doing single reps to improve form. This is how it looks like after I tried to follow Jeffrey's advice.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome work, Petri! Keep working on controlling the speed of the descent. It looks good!

Petri Widsten

Many thanks, Jeffrey. I think I'm ready to start training sets now.

Petri Widsten

I've been adding a rep to each set of five every session and am up to 5x4. This is my last set. I'm doing them faster than before and I'd like to know whether the tempo (during and between reps) are fine. I prefer not to go any faster, as my form will suffer, but can slow them down if necessary.

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Petri,

Slow it down a bit on the descent. Also, remember to keep your knees straight and toes pointed.

Petri Widsten

Ok Jeffrey, I'll sort it out in my next RC session. Thanks!

Petri Widsten
On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Petri,

Slow it down a bit on the descent. Also, remember to keep your knees straight and toes pointed.

Is this tempo fine then?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

The tempo looks much better, Petri. Keep it up!