This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Perform all Core workouts in a sequence?

Started by Matthew Kelly, April 28, 2017 · 2 Replies · 169 Views

Matthew Kelly

Are all the workouts in a section meant to be performed in sequence? E.g. when doing a 'core' day, you'd do an FL, SL & MN progression in a row. 

I train during my lunch break and can only fit in 2 workouts each day. So for example on Monday I do FL & MN, Tuesday I do HBP & RC, then on Wed I mix core and upper body with SL & sPL. Fri I do the lower body working and redo any progressions I'm having trouble with. 

The problem is that when I try and do all core exercises on the same day (or all upper body exercises for that matter) I can't complete the progressions as my body is obviously not used to the increased volume focused on one area. 

Thanks for your help!

Pauline Taube

Hi Matthew,

Yes, all the workouts in a given section are supposed to be performed in one sequence. In Foundation One the main focus is on building work capacity and prepare your body for heavier load later on. 

In the very beginning the volume is low, but as you progress and the exercises advance in terms of sets and reps most students are working hard in order to keep up. 

If your schedule allows it I recommend to follow the program as Coach Sommer designed it. Over time your body will gradually get used to the volume :) 

Leigh Kettle

Also  Matthew id like to add that all the exercises in each individual section (core, upper, lower) should be done  immediately after each other

pressing the "play full workout video"  button on each section ill provide you all exercises consecutively without you having to press to start each exercise 

this will really work to build your endurance alongside your strength doing for example all core exercises one after the other 

hope this helps mate