This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2

Started by Zachary Ladwig, April 26, 2017 · 15 Replies · 307 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! Finally starting on MN/PE2. How does it look? 

I know that these straddle ups are fairly atrocious. I assume I just need to keep working on middle splits?

How is the jefferson curl? I went very slow and with low weight to try to avoid injury. 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Zachary,

Good work on this one so far. You are right, as your flexibility improves, straddle ups will become easier for you. Work on getting more compression at the top of your reps. As you reach the top of your straddle up, be careful not to let the feet drop towards the floor. Work on keeping the elevated along with the torso until the descent. I would recommend only going as high as you are able with straight legs. As flexibility and strength improves, you will be able to lift higher into the straddle up position.

Super smart to take it slow on your iM. It is always better to lock in perfect technique before worrying about weight. You are off to a good start. Focus more on curling your lower thoracic and lumber spine (mid and lower back). Awesome job trying to get a deep stretch at the bottom of each rep!

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner! 

 

How is this looking? Progress been slow as I went back to PE1 for a bit.

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Zachary Ladwig,

Awesome job. Just make sure to look our knees and pull your legs towards you and upward. Also point your toes. Your jefferson curls look good. Try not to look in the mirror because the form gets compromised. I think you can add a bit of weight here already.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! @Leo Trinidad

 

Update after a while. How are these looking?

 

 

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Zachary Ladwig,

Very nice improvement. Now aim to keep your back straight and upright. This will even get better as your compression improves. :) As for your jefferson curls, I suggest you match your tempo going down with your tempo going up. Keep up the good work. 

Zachary Ladwig

@Leo Trinidad

Still at it! How are they looking? 

 

Zachary Ladwig

 

@Leo Trinidad how are these looking? 

Alessandro Mainente

Look you first video at the top of the page....wooooonderful gains!

very very nice! you got them!

Nils Kernell

Wow! Inspiring to see your progress Zachary!

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Alessandro Mainente How do these Jefferson. Curls look? With about 40 lbs weight 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Remember to keep the weight closer to the body as long as you can when you move down and move it closer to the body as soon as you can when you reverse the movement.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

thanks for feedback. Is this better?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Zachary, my last suggestion here was having the weigth always closer to the body as long as possinble. B-)

Zachary Ladwig

Trying To keep the weight closer 

 Is this right? Or can I improve 

Alessandro Mainente

it is very good. if you have 2 separated weights you can use them so that you can move deeper and also compress on the legs.