This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE8 Wall Run Form Check

Started by Suzanna McGee, April 25, 2017 · 6 Replies · 91 Views

Suzanna McGee

I have been working on these for a while. Long time ago, @Alessandro Mainente told me my hands were too wide, so I tried to get them closer, but was not able to do it at all…  so I went back to PE7… now I am back on PE8, 4x24 reps at the present. I want to ensure that I don't develop bad habits, as I am working these twice a week. Could you please give me pointers what to improve to get the most out of my practice? 

 

Side view… 

Also not sure what to do with the head… look into the stall bars/wall, or down between the hands? 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Suzanna,

It looks pretty solid. Your arms look like they are at a good width. I would like to see you push taller through the shoulders as you do your wall-run. You can see in your video that your ears are slightly below the shoulders. As I do handstand exercises, I like to think about keeping my ear against my shoulders to remind myself to push tall. I recommend doing something similar. Make sure that you are not baring any weight on the feet. To avoid the temptation, I recommend keeping your toes pointed during your set.

On your handstand exercises, your eyes should be on your hands, however the head should stay tucked in. Coach Sommer used to tell us to look at our hands through our eyebrows. Doing so ensures that the head stays tucked in.

Suzanna McGee

Thank you, @Jeffrey Bittner, I will keep your pointers in my mind when I practice the handstands on Thursday again… You have a good eye on those feet, they do want to hook around the rung, I am constantly re-pointing them  :-) those pesky toes!  Also I will keep pushing tall and shoulders to my ears. Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

Nice solid work, as Jeffrey suggested I would see the ear touching the supporting shoulder on every reps.

Samin Ishtiaq

Great work!

Someone else(*) suggested keeping arms narrow. 

 

(*) it was you!

Suzanna McGee
15 minutes ago, Samin Ishtiaq said:

(*) it was you!

Hee hee, you are right :) however, let's don't forget that it was Alessandro originally ;) we can give him some credit too, right? :)

John Kiggundu
On April 26, 2017 at 0:09 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Suzanna,

It looks pretty solid. Your arms look like they are at a good width. I would like to see you push taller through the shoulders as you do your wall-run. You can see in your video that your ears are slightly below the shoulders. As I do handstand exercises, I like to think about keeping my ear against my shoulders to remind myself to push tall. I recommend doing something similar. Make sure that you are not baring any weight on the feet. To avoid the temptation, I recommend keeping your toes pointed during your set.

On your handstand exercises, your eyes should be on your hands, however the head should stay tucked in. Coach Sommer used to tell us to look at our hands through our eyebrows. Doing so ensures that the head stays tucked in.

Thank you Jeffrey for the head positioning. This always confuses me, but I'll try to "look" with my eyebrows and see if this works.