This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HPB PE 2 + iM

Started by Adrian Theopold, April 25, 2017 · 8 Replies · 152 Views

Adrian Theopold

Hi everybody,

I have some troubles with my pushups. I've been correcting them for the last 4 months first with PE1 and now with PE2.

They looked pretty awful as the left elbow flared out completely while the right one stayed close to the body. I seem to have corrected that but the movement still doesn't feel completely symmetrical and when you look at the video one can see easily that something is still a little bit off.

I also notice some difference in the Xiaopengs and dropped from 3kg (waaaaaay too much) to 0,5 kg of weight. Right now I do 4 x 9r which feels quite good strength wise, already dropped back once to 4 x 6r, which doesn't present much of a challange. The video of the iM is about 2 weeks old, I got back to 1kg and the left shoulder seems to open a little bit more, but is still less mobile than the right one.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the submission. Your pushups are looking almost 100% symmetrical from this angle. Small asymmetries are normal but still worth looking at. @Alessandro Mainente has a good eye for these things. 

Can you please submit a side view of your pushups as well?

Your iM is looking good! Don't rush to increase weight. Let form and equal strength between sides run the show

Alessandro Mainente

Thank you Everett for the tag.

Adrian where are you locating on the planche progression?

Adrian Theopold

Tanks for the fast response, will upload a side view soon.

I'm currently working on PE3 in the planche progressions. 

Adrian Theopold

Here is a side view

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for uploading a side view. You are off to a good start. You can see in your video that you are picking up some pike in the hips. Squeeze your gluts and press your hips towards the floor slightly to help maintain a straighter body line. Just like you are doing with your chest, try to touch your hips to the ground at the bottom of each rep. Your hips should touch right before the chest. Keep working on fully protracting the scapula at the top of each rep as well.

Adrian Theopold

Here is a new version of my pushups.

Still too much pike? It at least feels like I'm touching my hips.

I also worked my way up on the scap shrugs with hands facing forward (currently 4 x 15) which makes them much harder for me atleast. Seems to help a little bit, but if I would go for even stronger protraction at the top I would have to regress. Currently I'm doing 4 x 12 where the reps definetily get slower towards the end, though form looks at least solid.

Thanks for your input!

Alessandro Mainente

The form it is good, I simply think that you have a tight hips flexor.

Adrian Theopold
On 8.7.2017 at 0:44 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The form it is good, I simply think that you have a tight hips flexor.

I won't doubt that...