This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBE/PE3

Started by Nicklas Johansson, April 25, 2017 · 6 Replies · 167 Views

Nicklas Johansson

Hi, 

Would be great to get your feedback. 

 

My own thoughts; 

- My wrists are struggling in order to maintain proper lean throughout the exercise. 

- I start off with the top of my feet on the ground, but tends to get up on my toes. 

 

I feel that above points are connected, and I think my wrists are the "problem" here, rather than my pressing strenght. 

 

Another question,  when I look at the exercise video the guy isn´t even close to touch the floor with his chest, but I guess the technique videos are the real guidelines for the exercises...? 

 

//Nicklas 

Everett Carroll

Hi Nicklas,

Handstand One has wrist flexibility and strength drills that will help you safely and comfortably lean further. For now, keep it comfortable and allow your wrists to GRADUALLY adapt. 

Coming up onto your toes is a natural reflex but do your best to fight it so that you remain in your best lean. 

Nice protraction. 

When you push back to the top of each rep, don't allow your hips to lift above the height of your back. Keep your glutes and core firmly engaged. 

Alessandro Mainente

"

- I start off with the top of my feet on the ground, but tends to get up on my toes. 

"

usually, this situation happens as a natural tendency of the body to reduce the leverage, think about pushing the shoulders forward as you move through the ascent portion of the exercise.

Nicklas Johansson

Hi, one month later since last update I do more sets and reps. 

Any good suggestions regarding my form or should I just continue work with the volume in order do do all reps with perfect form? 

 

Some other thoughts/questions:

I have always trained a lot and after 3 months with GST I still must say that I am amazed how hard it is. 

It's particulary three of the seven exercises I have a hard time to Master (Manna, sPL, RC) 

I am almost done with all progressions in Foundation One except this and the RC (stuck at ground rows). I mean this is the third progression and ground rows is the second progression..... When it comes to manna i realized pretty fast that I need to increase the mobility in my hamstrings in order to be able to even try the 9th progression. I would say it's a pretty large leap between the 8th and 9th progression.

This leads me to my other question, have any tips on any complementary exercises in order to progress? Especially for ground rows, since I feel pretty stuck. I'm basically doing 15,15 and for the last two sets somewhere between 10-14 reps. It took some time to pull properly from the back and shoulders. When I get tired I tend to start pull with my biceps and they get really sore, combined with the mobility drill they get totally hammered... Maybe do some rows with DB as a complement? 

At the same time I know it takes time to do things properly, when I started squatting a couple of years ago it probably took a year until a felt that I mastered the movement.

/Nicklas 

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Nicklas,

Nice improvement. You are doing a much better job of staying on the top of your feet and keep strong PPT. As you get tired, you start to revert to old form breaks. Keep working on maintaining good position throughout your set. You are losing some protraction at the top of your reps. Shoot for full protraction on each rep just as you did in your first form check.

@Alessandro Mainente and @Everett Carroll might have some other suggestions to help you improve, as well.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Nicklas in your video there is the common mistake of holding too much weight on the feet, in fact, your heels are moving back and forth with the involuntary tendency of reducing the leverage, the correct position it is 1 sec for all the time.

Nicklas Johansson

Ok, thanks for the advices. I'll keep on working :-)