This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Office work limbering

Started by Giulio Pizzini, April 25, 2017 · 3 Replies · 129 Views

Giulio Pizzini

Ciao @Alessandro Mainente,

I saw this thread on the front split forum and was wondering if you had a similar daily routine recommendation for the shoulders to help us poor office workers slave to mouse, keyboard and slouching shoulders!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Giulio, for sure, what I will provide below it is a combination of passive work of thoracic bridge work and active work always from a Coach Sommer exercises. please follow strictly the order:

-table position for 2 minutes, focus as much as you can retracting, depressing and opening to the ceiling the sternum

-elevated cat with one arm a time with the same angles showed in the course, 2 minutes + 2 minutes, use the other hand to support yourself on the floor and manage the intensity of the exercise

-45° elevated-cat, now instead of holding the arm closer to the ear, move it to the side until it forms a 45° angle with the head/neck and hold the position (always assist with the other arm). this is a very good elevated-cat modification for anteriorly tilted shoulders. 2 minutes each arm.

-end with this active exercise. 

 

 

 

 instead of doing it dynamically consider to hold the position at the mark that I will say:

1) 1 seconds mark,30 seconds

2) 3 seconds mark, 30 seconds

3) 5 seconds mark, 30 seconds

note:

-perform the active sequence above with no rest in between the exercise. rest for 2 minutes after the the last mark and repeat another time.

Giulio Pizzini

Thank you Alessandro, on the last exercise I am not able to reach position 3 as in the video, so I have two options: either straigthen the elbows with the arms on the wall but not by the ears (more like 45 degree angle) or keep straigthen the elbows with the arms by the ears but leaning forward away from the wall. Which option should I use?

Alessandro Mainente

Gi Giulio, first option, time over time the range of motion will increase.